As the independent candidate for Dewsbury East on Thursday 2nd May, I will be standing up for the silent majority who have been betrayed by the main political parties.
Dewsbury has been badly neglected by Kirklees Council. Ineffective councillors have allowed Dewsbury to be starved of its rightful share of investment and resources, and our area has been changed beyond recognition.
Someone has to make a stand and fight for the hardworking law-abiding people who are constantly ignored and treated with contempt. I want real changes and I want to fight the Culture of Secrecy at Kirklees Council. No more empty promises and politically correct initiatives.
I will work tirelessly to bring about the changes we need but can only do so if you lend me your vote on 2nd May, even if you would normally support another party or not vote at all. Any questions or comments? Contact me by clicking here.
Five pledges for Dewsbury East
- As an Independent councillor I will put Dewsbury first on every decision and will not approve any council budget that does not give Dewsbury its fair share of investment.
- Kirklees Council must immediately pull out all the stops to boost trade in Dewsbury Town Centre. I will support measures such as free short stay parking on all streets.
- I will help residents to fight the removal of all equipment from playgrounds in Chickenley, Shaw Cross, Eastborough etc being proposed by Labour.
- I will continue to campaign against the use of non-stun slaughter for halal meat in local school meals, supporting the work of the RSPCA and British Veterinary Association.
- I will work to reinstate regular Police Community Forum meetings so that residents can discuss their concerns over crime and anti-social behaviour face-to-face.
About me, your local candidate
Third-generation British Serb and proud Yorkshireman, born February 1990 at Dewsbury and District Hospital and living in Dewsbury now.
Attended Heckmondwike Grammar School, graduated in Computer Science at The University of Edinburgh in 2012 and taught computing in a local secondary school until the end of 2017.
Currently working as a cyber security analyst and advisor.
Jointly co-ordinated the successful cross-party Leave campaign in Dewsbury, Batley and Spen.
Achieved 877 votes standing at the independent candidate in Dewsbury East in 2018.
Have spoken out on issues in education, justice and transport.
Have completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge twice!
Support your local independent candidate on Thursday 2nd May!